Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Pain under breast, back. Diagnosed as ulcer. What do you think?

I went to the hospital two weeks ago with pain under my right breast . very aggravating pain. the only way to relieve it was to lay down. Now the pain has shifted to the left and it wraps around my left side to the back. hurts so bad, i can t lay down, sit up or anything. They ran tests in hospital and said I have an ulcer . it s really bad. what do you think?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

To diagnose peptic ulcer, gastroscopy is necessary. Moreover, symptoms described by you are not characteristic for peptic ulcer. More probable are gallstones or rib nerves pain.
Gallstones usually give upper right abdominal pain which radiates to the back. Symptoms are triggered by fatty food or alcohol. Nausea is very often present.
Rib nerve pain gives sharp needle-like pain. It aggravates when moving the chest (breathing) and can be unnoticeable when not breathing.

If gallstones seems most probable, ultrasound should be done. If rib nerve pain seems more possible, you should try Diclophenac 50 mg twice a day (should be taken with Omeprasole 20 mg once a day to protect your stomach)

Hope this will help.
Answered: Fri, 30 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor