Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Pain the testicle after an injury, dizziness, vomiting, sperm in urine. Scan normal. Should I be worried?

Hi, i had a disagreement with another male, he then grab my testicles hard, then pain was obviously immediate and i stepped backwards, i then tripped and fell over while he was still holding on. The pain was very severe and i could hardly move. I went to sleep that night and the next morning the pain was still severe, i checked my testicles and could feel one turning full circle in my hand like it was unattached. The thought and pain of such made me immediately vomit . I consulted my GP as soon as possible at the time, and they said that the pain from the trauma would subside in a matter of days or weeks. The severe pain and discomfort lasted for several weeks, and then months afterwards. I was unable to feel comfortable when sitting or moving around and the discomfort of such was always on my mind, making it harder to concentrate on anything extensively. I went back to the doctor, a further examination was not done and i was giving painkillers. Over the following weeks it became noticeable that the pain was extending into my abdomen and around my lower back to a specific point. In a way you could feel a definitive line of pain leading up from the scrotum to the abdomen and around the lower back. This pain was worse when i was manually working or lifting things. It was also my opinion that sperm was present in my urine, that my sperm was more watery and that I found it harder to take an erection . A few months after the initial incident i went back to the doctor for a third time, on this occasion i was referred for an ultrasound of the scrotum and abdomen. I was later informed that no significant problems were present but a few cysts had appeared and not to worry about them. More months passed and at this stage was close to a year later after the initial incident, although the severity of the pain had declined it was still there and still leading up to my abdomen and lower back. I went back to my GP again, this time i was referred to a specialist urologist . 4-5 weeks later i had the appointment with the urologist and he didn t even conduct an examination, he looked at the medical report and the ultrasounds and concluded that i was fine, it was all in my head and that there was nothing more he could do. On insistence he then conducted an examination, this of course was very painful and my severe discomfort was evident. Again he said he could find nothing wrong, upon getting re-dressed and standing up i felt very light headed, dizzy and nauseous. Upon leaving the examination room and getting outside to the fresh air as soon as possible i felt really unwell, was sweating heavy and was very dizzy. I then vomited and had to sit on a bench for 30 minutes before i felt well enough to drive home again. A few years have passed now and the pain and discomfort still remains. Any time i sit i have to ensure my scrotum is in a comfortable position, i can t stand the thought of my testicle or scrotum area being touched and even the lightest of knocks is severely painful. I have not went back to the doctor in regards to this issue since the last examination described above, which was very painful and caused great discomfort, even the thought of another physical examination makes me shutter. Since then i have also noticed blood in my sperm too and the sperm is generally very watery and not as thick as it used to be. I feel my whole life has changed since the day of that incident, i am always in discomfort, any knock or feeling of my testicles gives me severe pain, my personality is more closed up and reclusive, and overall i have become a lot more depressed and not as outgoing and energetic as i used to be. I feel i get tired a lot easier and have lost a lot of confidence, in essence and for lack of a better word i feel i ve lost my mojo and i m certainly not as anywhere near confident with girls or the thought of them touching my testicle area and i m not as confident with getting an erection. I really feel there is something wrong with me and that the doctors that examined me did not do an adequate job, or are not familiar with such an injury or simply just wanted to tell me it was ok and leave it at that without proceeding with any treatment. The reason that I have wrote this message is to get a totally independent second opinion of my circumstances. What should i do?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  238
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ! Your problem looks genuine as you are suffering even after a year of the incident. The pain in the testicle is really sickening causing one to have nausea and sweating and the pain radiates to abdomen as the nerves of the testes are derived from the abdominal region. After going through your history, I would suggest the following which you might possibly have already taken :
1) Use a properly fitting testicular support kind of under garment.
2) Take a complete course of proper antibiotic and anti inflammatory drug if you have not yet done that.
3) I am not sure of your job if you have to stand for prolonged periods or not. If it is so, give complete rest to yourself for a few days till the pain is over.
4) It is natural not to have an erection due to the associated testicular pain.
5) As you have described that the testis turned a full circle in your hand, possibly it had a torsion which got relived of its own, but gets twisted off and on ( chronic torsion of the testis) giving rise to this kind of sickening symptoms. For this I would advise you to go for a doppler ultrasound of the testes which will show the vascularity and the nature of the developing cysts in the testis. In case it comes out to be a chronic torsion, then you have to get yourself reviewed by a urologist/general surgeon for operative fixing up of the testis to scrotum.
I sincerely hope that this opinion helps you out and you recover at the earliest.
Answered: Mon, 27 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor