Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Pain, swelling, heat on upper part of thumb. Icing, taking acetomephin. What is it?

my mom has been experiencing pain, swelling and heat on the upper part of her thumb for the last three days. I have been giving her acetomephin every 6 hours and iced it but the throbbing is in tense. I can t see any bite marks or punctures...she has not injured it. Ii is bright red and I can see a tiny little white mark but it does not look like anything is in it....sliver or fluid.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
thanks for your question. its looks like its infection of thumb what we call it has paranoychia. if there is no pus development then just antibiotics are sufficient with analgesics. if pus develops then it has to be drained. once it is drained it will improve very fast. check for diabetic status also, because its very common in diabetics.
have good recovery
Answered: Sat, 1 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor