Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Pain on the side of right breast that's worsening, breastfeeding 3 month old. What's happening ?

I am currently breastfeeding my little one that is three months old. I started having pain on the side of my right breast and it is getting worse. I woke up this morning at three with my body aching and can t seem to get warm. What is going on? Is there anything I can do at home to fix this or do I absolutely need to see a doctor.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You are a lactating mother and having pain in your Right breast This id due to stagnation of milk int the breast Since you have a body ache and mild fever it indicates infection in the breast Please consult some surgeon for clinical examination to rule out Breast abscess.If it is so you may need to get it incised and drained and to take antibiotics as per surgeons advice.
Answered: Mon, 3 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor