Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Pain on right side of mouth, swollen, hurts badly. What can be done?

Hi good morning I have a pain on the right side of my mouth way to the back of my molar it has a small slit starting from the molar unwards it is swollen and it hurts badly . It hurts espcially when I eat I touch it and it hurts. I thought it would have been a molar coming out but its not that its just that the gum has a cut and it hurts.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
The pain and slit on gums can be due to impacted wisdom tooth which is erupting.
I would suggest you to get a clinical EXAMINATION done.
If wisdom tooth is impacted,it has to be either extracted or flap overlying tooth has to be removed to enhance tooth eruption.
Maintain oral care.
Gargle frequently using warm saline or betadine.
Take complete course of antibiotics-analgesics prescribed.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Wed, 29 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor