Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Pain on lying down, difficulty sleeping, lower abdominal pain. Cure?

hello sir my name is XXXXX i m suffering from a pain more then 4 years ago....pain starts only when i lay awakes me at night just after 4 to 5 hours i could not sleep 8 hours straight...the pain is in the abdomen i cannot localize it it seems like in the whole abdomen but most in the lower i guess.... help me out with this is really uncomfortable
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  733
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012

Thanks for posting your worry.

I assume you have been to many consultations and have not had any favorable management plan for your answer? You are suffering from either chronic functional abdominal pain or chronic irritable bowel diseases that if investigated clinically and para-clinically ( i.e laboratory tests, radiology e.g endoscopy, colonoscopy, abdomino-pelvic ultrasound, abdominal CT or MRI etc) we shall probably find no cause such as an infection or tumor etc. This means your problem might be of nervous or genetic origin and will need specialist doctors on the domain of chronic abdominal pain.

In the mean time, the pain could be controlled by using low dose antidepressants such as amitriptyline + anti-spasmodic at time of crisis. If you are a female, you will need to visit a gyobs for evaluation of your pelvis ( reproductive structures). If you are fortunate and a cause of your problem can be identified by the doctors, then you will probably get a cure.
Also, you will probably need to check on the meals you eat and see if there is any particular dish or food type which when eaten has a greater tendency of causing the pain. Also peptic ulcer disease/gastritis needs to be investigated. A stool exams and culture will be paramount to rule out any infections.

Hope this helps

Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Himanshu Pandey's  Response
Hi blue ! If you have burning urination take antiacid dissolving tab like gas o fast or eno and antibiotic like doxycycline. If not only abdominal cramp take dicyclomine tab. It will give you relief. But all in all you need abdominal ultrasound. Just for future security. Get well soon .bye.
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor