Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Pain on left side under rib cage, nausea, slight fever. Causes and cure?

Hi, My son is 16, and experiencing some pain on his left side under his rib cage. He had it going on last week, as well. He had been sick, and to his family doctor, He was treated for a stomach flu , and nausea . But now he once again is sick, has this ongoing pain, slight fever , and some nausea. Any Idea, what could be happening here?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Pain on left side under rib cage may be due to enlargement of spleen.It is enlarged in many conditions like Malaria,Typhoid,Blood disorders etc
He has to be investigated with Blood tests including peripheral smear,Ultrasound abdomen.
Till then give him Paracetamol tablet,Tablet Rabeprazole with domperidone and Anti spasmodic like Dicyclomine.
If you come back with reports,i will clarify further.
Wish him speedy recovery
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor