Pain on breast bone till arm pit, unable to quit smoking. Bone scan, blood test normal. Diagnosis?

First off I am scared. For the past two 1\2 years I had pain under my left breast, right on the breast bone. Sorry to say I am a smoker, that has tried quiting but my anixity seems to take over, will keep trying. Now the pain is on the left side of my breast and goes under my arm pit. This pain come and goes real fast, sometime it leave me sore, sometimes not. I would say the pain is about a 5 lasting less than a minite, but goes on thought nout the day like this...but not every day. The thing is I can work all day cutting grass ete...no pain. it seems to have the problem when I do a lot of lifting bending or sitiing. I had a medical in Oct\12 the doctor was concerned about the pain, but sent me for a bone scan and alsound, bloodtest. everything fine. Now the pain is still their and now its worring me....Have gone back to the doctor, order xray and ekg.....but how long does that take to come back, and what could the problem be
Tue, 17 Sep 2013