Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Pain near right side kidney area, x-ray and ct shows nothing. Thoughts ?

i have pain near my right side kidney area which i thought was a kidney stone . i went to the urologist and they xrayed and said they saw nothing. they are bringing me back for a ct scan . another interesting fact is that when the pain sets in drinking water relieves it. but if i drink a lot of soda it brings the pain on, your thoughts......
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~ It is interesting that drinking water but not soda relieves your pain near the right side kidney area. X-ray may not reveal a kidney stone but a CT scan may be in order to detect stones or slush that is not detectable by X-ray. I highly recommend that you consult a urologist to have any doubts regarding pain near the kidney area resolved. Take care and drink plenty of water, if you have no other kidney problems. I hope this helped.
Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor