Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Pain in wrist and hand. What should i do?

Hi I have two plates in my wrist - my ulna and radius. A couple of weeks ago my partner smashed the bathroom door into the plates (my nistake!) just before we hit the ski slopes for a week. I have had pain in my wrist and hand - not awful, but nevertheless a dull pain - since the and don t know if I should wait and see or get this checked out. Thoughts?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query
From description it seems to be soft tissue injury over wrist. You need an xray to rule out any bony injury. I suggest you to consult a doctor for thorough examination of wrist,. Meanwhile ice the affected area , take anti inflammatory drug like ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid lifting weight and rest well.
Hope this Will helps you
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic surgeon
Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Masroor Mir Hussain's  Response
It might help to check with an x ray of the wrist. Also if there is any swelling or deformity it warrants a doctors attention. If the pain does not subside with pain killers you might have to visit the doctor.
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor