Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Pain in the urinary tract. History of UTIs. Recurrence?

I have been having uncomfortable pain in my urinary track. I have had UTI s in the past and thought about a month ago I had another one. I went to the doctors and the urine sample came back with some bacteria, but negative for an infection. I have completely stopped having sex, drinking anything with caffine and going to the bathroom as soon as I feel the urge to try and eliminate this for about a month. It hurts at the end of my urination , when I sit and move my pelvic area and sometimes when I am walking. The odd thing is, is it doesnt happen all the time. What should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
You have history of recurrent UTI,with latest urine examination normal.One thing wrong you did you have stopped drinking fluids.In UTI you don't have to restrict fluod intake,infact you have to increase your fluid intake to flush you urinary tract of any thing that may be responsinle for recurrent UTI.The hurt at the end of urination could be due to urethritis or small bladder stone.
I would advice you to get your urine culture and ultrasound done and consult a general surgeon who may be able to examine for to determine the cause of recurrent UTI.
Finally take plenty of fluids.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Zainab Hassanali's  Response
if you are getting recurrent urine infections i would suggest you get a urine culture done to know which bacteria is causing the infection
how many glasses of water do you take in a day, dehydration itself can cause you to have symptoms of urine infection as urine becomes acidic.
you need to get an ultrasound done to rule out if there are any other causes to your symptoms
i would suggest get yourself seen by a gynecologist for further review and treatment.
get well soon and take care
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor