Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Pain in the tail bone. Pus filled wound near the anus. Treatment?

when i was 11, i always had a pain at my tailbone and i could not lay on my back or sit too hard or else it will really hurt. now i'm what i came to know is that once i put on size it will act up. when i was 18 i went for a walk and fell on moss water that i did not see. now with my size in my lower area between my butt was split and after that it never healed and it turned in to a little hole it will not even get bigger,t it will not even heal if i go to the doctor or try some thing at home, but it just opens let go the thing pus and blood mix. so i try to keep it dry as possible. can u please help me?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  183
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to HealthcareMagic.

I can understand your concern for the Pain and pus filled wound near buttock.
You have not mentioned the exact area of the pus discharge but as you said there is pain near tail bone so I can assume the possibility of "pilonidal abscess or pilonidal sinus".

It is cyst or abscess near or on the cleft of the buttocks. It is formed due to collection of hair and skin. As in your case there is periodic discharge is present so there is more chance of a sinus tract, or small channel form where due to occasional infection the discharge is coming out.
It can further be aggravated by heat and humidity with sweating over this area. It is generally painful to begin with or have a feeling of discomfort. It generally begins as reddish dot and then can enlarge later on to form a cyst kind of lesion if remained for longer time.
Kindly follow the instructions below:
- The most important thing you should do is to not touch, pinch, pop or squeeze the area by any means.
-Stay away from hot and humid climate.
-Take two times bath and maintain good hygiene.
-Wear cotton clothes and cotton undergarments and especially change the undergarments two times a day
- You can do cold or warm water compresses over the affected area.

As the problem is since a long time so you can met a surgeon who can guide you best for the situation.
I hope these information's will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
Answered: Mon, 1 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor