Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Pain in the lower abdomen after eating nuts. No fever. History of ovaries removed

Hi, I am 54 year old female with no ovaries. I had a small egg omelet for breakfast. Around 1:30pm I ate a handful of mixed nuts . Approximately 1/2 hour later I developed sharp intense pain in my lower right quadrant o my stomach appromately 1inch lower than my navel. The intense sharp pain has subsided however I am still experiencing pain and tenderness when I press on the area and it still feels like comes in waves just much less intense. Any clues! No fever , no flu symptoms
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ! The first thing I will think with your symptoms and signs mentioned is an attack of appendicitis if there is no history of its removal earlier. For this, you have to consult an surgeon and get clinically examined who may suggest you a few routine investigations along with an ultrasound abdomen.
The next possibility is food poisoning. You may get to have loose stools/vomiting if the infection is severe.
Next possibility is a pelvic inflammation. For this you have to get yourself examined by your gynaecologist.
The ultrasound will rule out if there is any calculi in your urinary tract which may also give rise to such symptoms.
A diagnostic laparoscopy is an option if everything else fails to diagnose the problem.
Please consult your doctor and get investigated. Good luck.
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
This can be caused by nuts because it can irritate colon or make hard stool and cramps. Also you can be allergic. SO just avoid food that makes your feel worse. ALso it can be gallbladder or stomach attac unrelated to nuts. If your symptoms persist you should visit gastroenterologist for endoscopic tests.
WIsh you good health.
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor