Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Pain in the lower abdomen. Normal ultrasound report. Suggested to consult a gastroenterologist. Why?

Hi , i am female , age 30 and have 3 kids. i am feeling lower abdominal pain which is on my lower abdomen and left side its almost the exact place where the appendix is. it has been almost a year I am feeling this pain and this pain is not unbearable but some times its sharp and sometimes it goes to my right thigh too and dull pain around my lower back too. I checked with my gynecologist and she took an ultrasound for checking my reproductive system and there was no problem with my reproductive system. then she sent me for an pelvic/lower abdomen cat scan but nothing came out. then my doctor referred me to a Gastroenterologist . which i did t meet yet because of my insurance. I just want to tell one more thing that sometimes I feel that pain just like i feel pain during my periods. I feel that there is something related with my utres but my doctor think i should go see a Gastroenterologist. please guide me.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  334
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for choosing H.C.M.Forum.
You are a female of 30 years , mother of 3 kids. since 1 year you are getting pain in the left lower abdomen, some times coming to right theigh, and back. your gynacologist get U.S.scaning and Cat scan after finding nothing she refered you to gastroenterologist.As it is like the period pain yoou are thinking it may be related to gynic problem.
You should realise that it is mimicing period pain, but it is in abscense of the period.
Other possibilities, are urinary tract infection, small stones in the urinary tract, or bladder, tuberculosis of the ilio caecal junction etc.
I advise you to consult a surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. You may need to have a culture and sensitivity of urine besides other routine tests for confirmation.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery.
Best regards.
Answered: Mon, 6 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor