Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Pain in the legs. Getting blood test done to check for RA. Concerned about the deformity due to RA. Any natural treatments?

Hi, after my doctor order me to do blood work to check if I had RA because I was complaining of waking up everyday with lot of pain in both leg and the rest cameout positive it the result came back showing to be 24.6 now I have to wait till the 9th to see a specialist I m freaking out don t know much about RA can t wait to see the Dr to get all my question ask but my main concern is how log does it take for deformation to occur under medication and if there a way that we could go about trying natural medication such as acupuncture and therapy to what I understand this is a lifetime condition and I would like to stay away from those hard meds the most I can t I m only 37 yrs old I have a long way to go. Can some give me some feedback. Thank u Cindy
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
RA is a chronic inflammatory disease of joints.If you take proper medication than deformity will not occur but it should be under a cover of good rheumatologist.Doing acupuncture & exercise can be a add on therapy but not alternative to treatment.
Answered: Thu, 5 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor