Pain in the knees after aerobics. Popping sound while straightening. Should I stop aerobics?

I started doing step aerobics about 3 weeks ago. About 2 weeks ago my right knee started hurting undert the knee cap. Slowly pain has started in both knees and it is really sharp. They also seem to get stuck when bent & pop when I straighten them out. This all all also seem to start happening when I started taking the medicine topamax . I was wondering what the pain and popping is from. I do not want to have to stop my step aerobics & I don t have insurance to get a bunch of tests done to find out what the problem is. Thank you
Wed, 20 Mar 2013