Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Pain in the knee. MRI showing displaced flap tear along the body of lateral miniscus, sprain anterior cruciate ligament. Do I need to go for arthroscopy?

Hello Dr. I am from India , I had pain in my right knee . After consulting doctor, he ask for MRI , after that in MRI result some points are there,1. Displaced flap tear along the body of lateral miniscus. 2. Sprain anterior cruciate ligament . 3. Partial tear lateral collateral ligament. 4. Moderate joint effusion ., what should I do know, should I go for arthroscopy
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
hi puneet..
thanks for ur query..
well basically i want to emphasize on the point that the treatment of tear in lateral meniscus depends on the type and size of the tear which u have not mentioned..

Small tears can be treated conservatively, with rest, ice, and pain medications until the pain is under control,keeping the leg elevated like pillow under your leg while lying down.. then exercise may be started with gradually increasing intensity, to improve range of motion and decrease swelling. More severe tears of the lateral meniscus require surgical repair or removal, which can often be done arthroscopically.
Many patients choose initial conservative or nonsurgical treatment for a meniscus tear..If conservative therapy fails, surgery may be a consideration..

well for better decision taking consult a sports injury specialist available in premium hospitals like apollo..
i hope this solves ur query..
if u have any further doubts or followup queries feel free to discuss.. wil be happy to clear them..
wish u a speedy recovery.
take care...
Answered: Thu, 6 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Acupressure Specialist Dr. A.K.Sangal,M.D (Acu.&Mag.)'s  Response
u may take treatment from acu. n mag. specialist in your area. how ever u may place south pole of magnets two paining side of your knee for half an hour twice a day for 10 days to reduce pain. for magnets requirement cont;-Mob; 9358187406
Answered: Thu, 6 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor