Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Pain in the joint of thumb toe, foot plastered. Any alternatives to plaster ?

hello..last Friday I had fall down from 1st floor..I got pain in the joint of my thumb toe . I consulted with a doctor..he x-ray my foot and put a plaster on my foot. I can not move properly for this plaster...Is there any alternative for this plaster so that I can move easily. I don t have much pain on my foot. My doctor gave me some medicines..After taking these medicines I am feeling very bad. I m missing my university classes. I am a university student and Bangladeshi residence. Please give me some alternative for the plaster. Rifat
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

If it is fracture of great toe it need immobilization for 3 weeks.

You have to continue buddy strapping and not bear weight over great toe.

Consult your orthopaedician for this.

Answered: Sun, 14 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor