Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Pain in the jaw bone and ear upon drinking carbonated drinks. Why?

I get severe jaw pain right around the base of the ear where the jaw bone is whenever I drink something with carbonation in it. I can take just 1 or 2 drinks from a soda and the pain is almost instant. It is extremely painful and gets worse if I try to move my jaw or chew anything for almost 30 minutes after the pain starts. I first noticed it with a beer a couple of years ago but quit drinking after the 3rd time and no longer drink any alcohol.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  519
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It seems that there is no any relation with taking drink.
What I presume is that you might be having lax muscles and ligaments of Temporo-mandubular joint giving you this trouble.
Avoid more opening of mouth.
Keep your hand on the joint while yawning or wide opening of your mouth.
Avoid chewing hard things.
Consult ENT specialist and get examined.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor