Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Pain in the hip, back, ribs and the chest like gas. Worry? Ectopic pregnancy?

I m having a pain that started last night which seems to be in my hip/back, but is starting to spread up towards my ribs/back and is also in the front like a gas pain or period cramp .... I m not sure at all. During my last pregnancy I passed a kidney stone , but have never had any previous history and now I m on Paraguard and am a little worried it might be an ectopic pregnancy .. however, i just ended my period.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
It is unlikely to be ectopic pregnancy if you just had the periods.
Regarding kidney stones you need to get an ultrasound and x-ray of kidney , ureter, bladder area. Also get your urine examined for any infection there.
Till that time you can take an analgesic antispasmodic medicine like meftal spas and drink lot of liquids.
Answered: Mon, 5 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor