Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Pain in the head, brain injury. Surgery suggested. Any other treatment?

My friend suffer brain injury.. He is only 20 years old.. He usually feel pain at the back of his head.. This prevent him from doing his regular activity and also in studying.. His doctor said that he need to do operation but he can't afford it due to family problem.. So, i would like to know is there anything he can do.. Or maybe he can eat in his diet to help healing his injury..
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
The exact nature of head injury causing his symptoms need to be known. The doctor who has evaluated suggested operation, so he will probably need operation. The diet is unlikely to be able to heal injury of the head. For pain he can take analgesics. Depending on the nature of injury, he may do some physiotherapy. Other physical therapies like hot/cold compresses can also help.
Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor