Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Pain in the genitals with swelling. What is causing this?

i have been experiencing pain when i try to wash my genital area after passing urine. The pain occurs only when i use a water spray or faucet for cleaning. also the area( inner labia ) seems to be inflamed or swollen ...ther eis some discharge coming out of the vagina .what do you think is wrong?since iam a virgin iam hesitant to go to the gymecologist so please let me know
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, thanks for using HCM.
Feeling of pain and inflamed labia are not normal symptoms while vaginal discharges could be abnormal if abundant or fowl smelling or dirty or like coagulated milk. From all indications, it is likely that you have an infectious problem which accounts for the inflammation and vaginal discharge. Since you are still a virgin, its most likely that its a yeast infection (candida). Yeast infection typically has coagulated milk and whitish discharges of little or considerable abundance; some times with itches and with pains especially after urinating and it occurs more in people using oral contraceptives.
You should have no fear in seeing a gynecologist even though you are a virgin because an effective treatment could only be obtained after an appropriate diagnosis is made from an examination and tests if needed.
Thanks and hope you see a doctor and get well soon.
Answered: Thu, 14 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor