Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Pain in the chest while breathing or coughing. Advice?

Hi I am a male aged 30 very fit, about a month ago I started getting pains in the right hand side of my chest when I breathed in and out, coughed or eat, now it s a permanent pain that doesn t go away and I am getting worried about it, I do have an appointment with my doctor I have already been once but haven t had any can t of answer
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response

Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
At this stage you need definitely chest X-ray or CT scan ( check lungs, pleura, mediastinum), full physical assessment with neurological exam ( to rule out intercostal neuralgia ) and routine blood work such complete blood count. All these measures will help understand cause and accordingly will be more easy choose treatment.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,

Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor