Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Pain in the chest on playing football. What is wrong?

i have chest pain after playing football about 7 hours ago it hurts only in certain positions, such as when I arch my back. Its sort of a dull pain that suddenly intensifies, around my sternum. I m a goalkeeper, so I hit the ground quite hard every now and again. I didn t feel any pain immediately after the match. wondering what i might have done?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for writing to us

Problems with ribs are easy to recognize. They hurt alot. When it really hurts, then you know you've done something wrong.

Most likely you'll have to rest in certain positions, avoid certain activities, take ibuprofen (eat or drink milk with it, plus milk gives you calcium to fix your bones).

Visit the doctor and get it evaluated.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Answered: Fri, 30 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor