Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Pain in the back of the knee. Have heterozygous factor V leiden. Burst blood vessel in the eye

Hello, I have heterozygous factor V leiden and for the last week I have had pain in the back of my knee . This happened around Christmas as well. I don t have any visible swelling to worry so much that it is a blood clot, however it is a little concerning. Additionally I woke up yesterday with a burst blood vessel in my eye and my insides feel swollen ... not crampy, but fragile and swollen (if that makes sense). Do you think I should have any cause for concern with relation to my factor 5? Thanks, in advance, for your time and thoughts...
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Heterozygous factor V is not that much a risk factor for DVT (deep vein thrombosis) or retinal vein or artery occlusion as is the homozygous form. When you refer to a burst blood vessel in your eye, I assume you are referring to the vessels visible of the white area of your eye called the sclera. There is no need to worry if the subsequent hemorrhage is small and you have no vision problems. The eye does feel heavy and uncomfortable but that goes in a day or two. You may use a warm compress over the closed eye to hasten absorption of the subconjunctival hemorrhage. You have no cause for concern.
Answered: Mon, 25 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor