Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Pain in the back after an injury. Not able to bend. Reason?

I have a problem in my back. It started 6-7 months back when I was in a swimming pool and its floor was slippery so I slipped while playing there. At that time I couldn't even sit on the chair for 5 mins or couldn't even bend a little. But after few days of rest it got ok. It was going on fine when again day before yesterday I was playing cricket and while bowling it started again. This time it is not that painful but still I am not able to bend.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain in the lower back after the injury in the area could be due to a muscular injury or a mild injury in the area of coccyx. Since the pain is persistent I would advise you to get an MRI scan of the area done for proper diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello and Welcome to HCM,
Thanks for writing to us.
From description , it seems you might developed muscular or ligamentous strain over back .I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the MRI of the area affected under his/her guidance.
Meanwhile following measures will help with the pain
• Lie on a hard bed.
• Anti -inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet as and when required
• Avoid forward bending.
• Avoid strenuous activity & lifting heavy weights.
• Apply diclofenac gel on the affected area. Warm compresses will also help.
Hope this helps you.
Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib's  Response
Welcome to HCM

The injury might have caused damage to your vertebral disc or even vertebra that have caused an increased pressure on the spinal cord and thus causing compression on it resulting in pain.

It is recommended to visit neurologist and have an x-ray and MRI to assess the level of damage. you can use simple pain killers like diclofenic sodium for pain relief which is on the counter available drugs.

Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Gautam Sipani's  Response
Mr. Ramasubramani this might be a simple muscular spasm or might be a case of disc prolapse. You need to consult and go through some basic investigation. If all is well you might get better on conservative treatment
Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor