Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Pain in the area of right shoulder blade.

Pain in the area of right shoulder blade . Area is raised and tender to touch. My daughter is 26yrs old 5 1 115 lbs and in good physical condition. She visits the gym a couple times a week and runs in local fundraisers. About 18 months ago she experienced a feeling of a pulled muscle in the area of the bottom of the right shoulder blade. She iced the area for a while and began getting massages to ease the symptoms. Over this course of time the symptoms have progressed to where she is now in moderate to severe pain by the end of her work day and is changing her life. The pain is changing her life. I can see her not doing normal activities because they increase the pain. She went to her GP who did xrays and said there is nothing wrong with her and gave her anti inflamitories. That was about 2 months ago and they have not helped. She was also given flexeril and can t take it because it makes her too sleepy and she says whe doesn t have muscle spasms. What type of Dr. should she see ? She doesn t want to be medicated, she wants to find out whats wrong and either fix or manage the problem.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  600
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
of course the treatment for this condition is to undergo with orthopedic / physiotherapist or sport injuries specialist person but all they follows modern system of medicine which u tried now at this stage u can go with homeopathic treatment which will b prove better care for your daughter

dr ajay agarwal
Delhi , India
Answered: Thu, 28 Apr 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Vikas Dwivedi's  Response
welcum to healthcaremagic.
ur problem seems to be a fibromyalgia , better u go n consult a physio, this problem will
cum down by sum electrotherapeutic modalities that is a part of physiotherapy.
i suggest u to tk UST(ultrasound therapy) for 7-12 sittings. and TPR(TRIGGER POINT THERAPY)
definitely ur pain will be cum down
tk cr
Answered: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Critical Care Specialist Dr. Animesh Arya's  Response
the pain and swelling is due to unaccustomed strain of the muscle and then continued use of the same. First do not use the muscle and put it to adequate rest. A good massage daily twice a day with a good rubifacient and then hot fomentation . But do hot fomentation after the application of massage, also take anti inflammatory ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day after meals . Should help
Answered: Sat, 30 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor