Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Pain in the anus, constipation. History of hemorrhoids. Recurrence?

hi ive had hemorriods in the past the exterior kind but about 2days a go i started feeling the same discomfort i had with the 1st tyme i got hemorriods about 6 yrs ago...but i dont see anything there just the left side of my butthole hurts when i push to poop,and i have started pooping well last nyt i did and have been...but theres no bleeding jus pain and discomfort when i sit or stand or poop but no bleeding..could it still be a hemmorriod ???
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello, djverse81,
Thank you for contacting HCM with your quiery.
You have had hemorrhoids before and sounds like they were treated
with medications, creams, oitments etc along with stool softener and
a high fiber diet recommendation. That probably was External in nature.
It is possible to get recurrent hemorrhoids especially if you have chronic
constipation and have to strain to have a bowel movement. You mention
that you don't feel any lumps outside but experience pain on one side.
I am glad that you don't see any blood. If the pain is more of a burning
type and intense, it is more likely to be a "Fissure" or a small tear on one side
of the anal opening. This happens when the stool is really hard and during
straining , the lining will develop a small tear and this could give you the
type of symptoms you are experiencing. Make sure that you are getting
enough fiber in your diet and you are also drinking plenty of fluids.
Start taking one or two stoll softeners a day. If the stool is still hard , you
can use a PEG solution (Polyethylene Glycol) which you can get over the
counter and follow the instructions on the package. That usually works well.
You can adjust the dosage if you start having watery stools.
There are hydrocortisone creams (5-10%) mixed with local anesthetic agent
and applying three or four ttimes a day will help heal it.
If you continue to have pain or develop any bleeding , you should contact
a colo-rectal specialist (Proctologist) who can help you after a thorough exam.
I wish you well.
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor