Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Pain in the abdomen and rib cage, pain in the testicles while holding urine. Muscle spasm or gastrointestinal disorder?

Hi, I ve some pain/discomfort in my right abdomen . While I ve pain in the lower right back and near the rib cage (of back), I ve internal pain/burning/discomfort in the front side. I suffer acute pain on the front side when I m starving. I do not know what is the exact region. And further if I hold urine for a long time and pass I experience pain in the right testicle and burning under my right foot. If I stretch with my hands up I get a muscle pull just under my ribs at the back side on the right. I ve shin splits on the right limb. I also experience complete squeeze out of energy in the right limb some times. Could you please explain to me whether this is more related to a muscle, like a spasm , OR something related to Gastrointestinal disorder OR something related to kidney stones? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling H.C.M.F.
Pain right abdomen near the rib cage, and to the front, acute pain when starving, all these suggest gastric irritation, or peptic ulcer. This is to be treated first to solve the confusion.
If you stretch your hands up you get muscle pull under the ribs, at the right back,lack of energy in the right limb some times, this is all suggestive of muscle pain due to some systemic infection, cervical spondylosis,
If you hold urine for long time and then pass urine you get pain of right testicle and burning in the foot may be due to kidney stone on the right side or urine infection. So it is to be treated as a second step. Muscle pains could be secondary to the U.T.I.or kidney stones.
I advise you to consult a physician for diagnosis and treatment . You may need to have M.R.I. of the urinary system, and cervical spine and gastroscopy for confermation,
Wishing for a qiuck recovery.
Best regards.
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Two prime possibilities are - Nerve root irritation from degeneration of lumbar spine / Stone in the urinary tract.
Have an X-ray of the spine / Scan of kidney, ureter, bladder / Lab tests like urine analysis and kidney function.
See your GP / if possible Urologist

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor