Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Pain in the abdomen. Diagnosed with H pylori. Permanent cure?

i ve had pain in the right side of the abdomen for over a year. i was diagnosed with H. pylori andafter treatment all was better except for this pain. it comes and goes , some days just mild and others really bad. Especially when i m under stress or fatigue . Drinking lots of water helps a bit but the pain is still there. i don t have constipation or diarrhea. i did all the tests possible( ultrasound, CT scan , all kinds of blood tests) and came back good.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Thanks for posting your query.
With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of peptic ulcer disease, acute pancreatitis or cholecystitis.
Peptic ulcer disease is caused by Helicobacter pylori bacteria and which may be in form of follicular gastritis, nodular gastritis, gastric and duodenal ulcer, and adenocarcinoma of stomach.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for ultrasound imaging, endoscopy and serum amylase and lipase.
You should also go for urea breathe test for H. Pylori.
Eradication of H. pylori is required for complete treatment of peptic ulcer disease.
Treatment of H. pylori contains two antibiotics and proton pump inhibitors and you should take under guidance of local doctor.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response

Welcome to HCM,

The pain in abdomen in right half and was treated for H. Pylori,and as per your information blood work and Ultrasonography, and CT scan of abdomen is normal.

You have not mentioned about drinking and smoking presume you do not take alcohol or smoke.

After good clinical examination and relevant investigations like CBC,Liver function tests, serum amylase and serum Lipase may be done to be sure we do not miss any thing.

A Upper GI endoscopy will be very helpful in the diagnosis, even biopsy may be taken and histopathology may be done.

If H. Pylori is positive it must be treated with Triple or Quadruple therapy with a PPI like Omeprazole or Pantoprazole along with two antibiotic and/or Colloidal bismuth.

If you have Only acid peptic disorder you should improve with diet and treatment,if nothing organic is detected then it could be due to functional element in it like IBS.

There are medicines which correct gut and brain axis.

Please consult good Physician /Gastroenterologist for your work up.

A supplement of prebiotics and probiotics is also helpful in normalizing gut health.

Please also continue to take good amount of water intake it will help you.

Please take care

Good Luck.

Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Did you have upper and lower GI endoscopy?
You may possibly be having Irritable bowel syndrome...

H. Pylori can be easily cured - by a simple course of treatment.
Ask your doctor.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor