Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Pain in testicles. Should I wear nylon panties or men's briefs when I visit the doctor?

Hello doctors, I am a man who is 47 and have testicle pain in my left testes. I have found wearing nylon panties gives me the support to stop the pain. I have tried mens briefs and boxers and they just don t support enough to stop the pain like my sexy womens panties do. Honestly I prefer panties and have worn them for many years, so these are mine anyway. My question is should I wear the panties when I go to see the doctor, which would prevent my pain or wear mens briefs while at the appointment? Will my doctor have an issue with this and will the nurses have issues also?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  679
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ! I do not think that the issue of wearing which panty is important. Important is the factor with which the patient is getting comfort and relief. If you are getting relief and more comfortable with the women's nylon panties which is acting as a good scrotal support for you, at least I as a doctor will not have any problems with it. Also the nurses should not have a problem on this aspect. So use the panty which fits you well as a scrotal support. Apart from this the doctor may also prescribe some antibiotics and anti inflammatory medicines for you. Wish you an early recovery.
Answered: Mon, 27 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor