Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Pain in testicle, feels small lump. What to do?

I ve had this ache in my right testicle for about six months now. When I tried to self-exam it for lumps , I felt a very small dot behind it. It felt like a little rock (like the tip of a pencil or sumthing) it s not smooth like a marble. I m really worried.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Jun 2015
Hello dear,

Pain in the testicle can be attributed to:
1. Trauma
2. Inflammation/infection.
3. Varicocele
4. Hydrocele.

In your post you have not mentioned about any history of trauma.
So, an infective or inflammatory cause can also be thought of, such as orchitis or epididymo-orchitis.

Under such condition, you need to take antibiotics along with analgesics under the guidance of a Urologist.
Investigation like Complete blood count, Urine analysis & Ultrasound scan of the scrotal region will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

Kindly let me know if you have any further queries.

You can ask me a direct query on this website using the below link:

Wishing a Good Health.
Thanks & take care.
Answered: Wed, 29 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor