Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Pain in side, back pain. Done blood and urine test. Cause of pain?

I am a 30 year old female. I have had a pain in my lower right side now for 2 years. Initially the pain was after back pain which felt very much like a kidney infection , though when tested i had no urine infection. Then the pain started in my front lower right side and was really painful- however i still today experience this level of pain but have just learnt to tolerate it. it is an almost constant dull ache which then has occasional sharp shooting stabbing pains. I had blood tests I went to an oseto to check i hadnt pulled a muscle, tried accupuncture and was told just to accept the pain. I pushed the doctors and now I have had my ovaries checked, one is slightly polycystic but nothing that should cause pain and had a laporoscopy to look for endometriosis (there is none). have had a colonoscopy and a barium follow through all are clear. obviously it is a relief that these are clear but frustrating as i do not know what is causing the pain. The doctor has now suggested another laporoscopy to look for adhesions on my intestine , but i fear this will again be inconclusive. Have you seen anything like this before and could it be cronic appendicitis?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  167
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using this forum. As per your symptoms this can be due to various causes. However since you have got most of the diagnostic investigations done, this narrows down the etiology. Firstly this can be due to chronic appendicitis, which does tend to cause dull pain over time without giving clear diagnostic or investigative results. However since you already had diagnostic laparoscopy done, the condition of the appendix should have been noted in the first place. Another thing to look for is any lumps/swellings in the inguinal region, which means to say that there can be non revealing femoral hernia which can also be missed. You should get ultrasound checkup done regularly along with urine tests as these tests may vary.
Kindly feel free to ask further.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor