Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Pain in right side, lower back where kidneys are present. Ultrasound, hida scan normal. Nephrologist opinion required?

My husband has been having pains in his right side and lower back where his kidneys are. The pain in his kidneys feels like they have badly bruised. The pains are getting worse and lasting longer. He has had a ultrasound, Hida Scan to check gallbladder , liver , pancreas . All came out fine but he is still have pains. I suggested a Nephrologist . What tests would a Nephrologist possibly order?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Based on your description I am uncertain as to the extent of work up that has been done other than a HIDA scan and an ultrasound. To evaluate for and exclude kidney causes of his pain, I would suggest a CAT scan of the abdomen and pelvis as well as a urinalysis. If these are reviewed by a physician and are deemed to be normal, it is unlikely that his pain is due to kidney related issues. If there are no other internal organ abnormalities noted on CAT scan, I would suggest speaking with your primary care Dr. regarding evaluation of musculoskeletal back pain
Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor