Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Pain in right knee while walking, x-ray normal, prescribed Hizide, no relief. Any cure ?

Hi Sir, For past 3 months, I am having pain in my right knee . X-ray report shows that there is no issue with the bone. I showed an orthopedic surgeon and he said that there is some damage to ligament or meniscus . I do not have regular pain, but when I walk or stand for a few minutes continuously, then some pain developed. Doctor prescribed be a medicine hizide-s, and asked me to take for 8 week. I have taken for 7 weeks, but there is no visible relief. I am able to walk for daily office etc only with a knee-cap. Please advise what other thing can be done to cure this. Many Thanks AAA
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  758
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM
Knee injuries are complex because of the complex nature of this joint.
Knee joint is formed between two bone- thigh bone (femur) and leg bone (tibia).
These two bone are bound together by ligaments on either side.
There are two ligaments called 'cruciate ligaments'. One of them runs forward backwards and the other from back to forward. They are strong ligaments which bind the two strong bones together.
A pair of semicircular cartilage like structure called menisci are present on upper surface of the tibia. These menisci act as cushion while the movement takes place on the knee joint.
An injury to any of these structures take very long to heal.
This is because there is no blood supply to any of these structures especially the menisci. A joint cavity is bathed with a fluid called 'synovial fluid'. This fluid provides nutrition to these structures.

Injury to ligaments and menisci causes pain, discomfort and restriction of movement.

First of all it is important to know whether the injury is in the ligament or the menisci as treatment varies.
This information will be provided by a MRI.
Secondily the management of soft tissue injury of knee joint varies from person to person depending on the symptoms and degree of injury.
Medical treatment is more of providing pain relief, rest to the joint and avoiding activities which cause pain or aggravate the injury.
Long term rest may heal the tissue to an extend.

However, in cases where medical/ conservative treatment is not very effective (as in your case) surgical intervention is required.
Surgery is done arthroscopically ie a small incision is given in the joint cavity and repair of the injured tissue is done with an endoscope. Open surgery is not required.
In this surgery the injured tissue is repaired. If it cannot be repaired then then the injured part is removed or fixed.
It is a very sophisticated surgery.
Consult an orthopedician who has good deal of experience and expertise in joint surgery.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Tue, 20 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
You can take homeopathic medicine Kali carb 2OO BD in Drops,Ledum pal Q Ruta 30 QID.FOR 15 DAYS
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr Mrs Neeraj gupta
Answered: Tue, 20 Nov 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor