Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Pain in right foot due to lump. Burning, throbbing pain while walking. Obese and have stress fractures. How to control pain?

I have been having a lot of pain on the outside of my right foot , in the middle. There appears to be a lump there and it is very painful. It hurts to walk and often I get searing burining pain from that lump and it throbs. I have not done anything to cause injury although I am suspicious I may know what it is. A bone spu on a stress fracture , perhaps? I am morbidly obese and do occasionally have issues with stress fractures in my feet , but this spot is the worst I ve had. It hurts to even touch it. Is it possible a switch from tight shoes to loose sandals may have allowed this to happen and what can I do for it beside wear hot, tight shoes from morning to night. Like I indicated, there is a bump, very painful at all times and occasionally searing, burning, throbbing pain will emit from it for no reason.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  767
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that you might have following problems,
Formation of corn,
Blunt injury on the part with super added infection.
Stress fracture as you said it is common with you.
To rule out go for X ray of the foot and rule out fracture.
If there is a corn,go for removal or apply corn cap.
if there is forming abscess then go for antibiotic medicine.
Consult your doctor and get examined.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
it may be a calcaneal spur/ pressure bump but we can say exactly what it with out seeing, so consult your doctor, in homeopathy generally we use remedy's like calc. phos, calc. flor , Ruta etc for bone related problem ( calcaneal spur ), if it is due to presser applied by shoe ( as you are over weight) you can use Arnica 200 along with calandula Q external application.

Dr Rajashekar
Answered: Tue, 19 Jun 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor