Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Pain in ribs. Chest x-ray shows infection. Best medicine?

hi, my mom is 62 years old and she had pain in back side of rib and in front of ribs/lungs side she had chest x-ray yesterday the report is:the transverse cardiac diameter is within normal limits. infiltration seen in both mid and liwer zones.both costophrenic angles are normal.bone cage is intact.. IMPRESSION: infection both mis and lower zones.normal heart size. she had pain very much please give her a best medicine after reading the report...her daughter shahnoor thanks
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
Please visit a pulmonologist /chest physician and get her clinically evaluated. Investigations that may be required are sputum examinations, Bronchoscopy and/ or HRCT scan thorax. For her chest pain you need to get her ECG done. Meanwhile you can give her Tb. Paracetamol (crocicn) or Tb Ibuprufen. Please do get her clinically evaluated by a doctor as soon as possible.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor