Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Pain in rib and back. Blood test and scan done. Feeling lump inside chest. Is this a normal symptom of gallstones?

I have just had some blood tests and am awaiting a scan for suspected gall stones due to four episodes of pain inside my right rib, radiating out of my back, going on for about six hours. However since seeing my doctor last I now keep feeling like there s a lump inside my chest . It feels like I ve swallowed something large and it s wedged below the middle of my sternum. It starts just after I ve eaten, then can stay there all day. It s been going on for about a week now. Is this a normal symptom of gallstones?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi it's not a symptom of gall stone. Ultrasound will definitely rule out presence of gall stones. Get other investigations like upper GI endoscopy and xray chest.
Answered: Sat, 26 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor