Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Pain in palatopharyngeal arch when chewing, opening mouth. Cause of worry?

hello, i m having this pain at my left side of palatopharyngeal arch(i think) when opening wide my mouth or chewing something since 2 weeks ago. i can feel some kind of hard lining at that particular area compared to the other side of my mouth. what am i concerned is this dangerous to me since there is like no changes in the condition until now. thank you
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  425
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hello thanks for consulting at may include benign conditions such as a tonsillolith, inflammed tonsil,inflamed minor salivary gland tissue, abscess in the peritonsillar space, do salt water gargle thrice daily,take acourse of antibiotics and analgesics,, drink hot water,,either ways plz consult an ent surgeon and dentist for a check up and treatment..many thanks ,, hope it helps,, tc
Answered: Wed, 2 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor