Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Pain in neck and chest area, getting odd taste in the mouth. Should I visit ER?

girl friend with in hour complains of a pain in right side mid back up threw the neck and down into the same side of the upper chest area being the most painful.also was complaint of an odd taste in the mouth . Strongly pain full , I ve applied some analgesic balm or (icy /hot) with no success in dulling the pain. Should we go to the ER
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Does she have fever/ difficulty in respiration/ cough along with sputum?
With the available described symptoms, there appears to be high possibility of muscle ache.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist and should go for thorough chest examinations.
She should also go for chest x ray on preliminary basis.
Chest x ray will reveal the cause of chest pain; whether pleural and pulmonary pathology is present or not.
She should take analgesic along with muscle relaxants.
She should take proper bed rest.
You should go for ER for urgent check up.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor