Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Pain in lungs, stab like. Can it be cancer? What are the symptoms like?

Have been having a slight stab like pain in what I feel is my lungs, was constant for th emost part for two weeks, start lookin gon the internet and am freaking myself out, thinking it could be lung cancer . I have an dr. appointment on friday for this. I do smoke but am in the process as of right now to quit. just a little soothing advice would be appreciated, for example if there are other things that would share these symptoms
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for query.
Do not think of cancer of lungs.
There are few causes which gives this type of pain which are common.
If there is infection in the lungs like acute bronchitis,Pleritis,pneumonia and even in viral infection.
So do not worry and wait till your doctor's appointment.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 19 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor