Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Pain in lower back, tightness in area, swelling. Due to back injury?

I don t want to go to the er but I m scared. Not sure if my kidneys are hurting or my back. I injured my back a year ago and because of insurance problems I have been in able to get the right tests on my back. Anyways my lower thoracic spine hurts so bad and it wraps around to my stomach but I feel like a belt is wrapped around that area and everything is swelling and or inflammed over the belt it s very painful and scarey.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi, i hope you have got the right tests done when you had a injury, like x-ray of the thoracic spine to rule out fractures. Now that a constricting pain, swelling and inflammation its better you get physically checked by a doctor and not ignore it. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 7 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor