Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Pain in lower abdomen, upset stomach, stabbing pain. Is it appendicitis?

I have a pain in my lower right abdomen . I have not been sick of had stomach upset but the pain is worse when i take a deep breathe or move around. Sometimes the pain is also stabbing . I am worried it could be appendicitus but i also think it could be a stomach muscle problem. F it was appendicitus would i be vomiting? i
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Dear sir, vomiting i just one of the symptoms of appendicitis. it is usually associated with right lower abdominal pain, nausea and muscle guarding and fever. BUT also absence of these symptoms doesnt exclude the appendicitis. The best way to rule this out is to go to hospital and do blood test and ultrasound. If it hurts when you breath it can also be cholecystits or gastric disorder such as hiatal hernia or GERD.

Wish you good health, Ivan Romich
Answered: Mon, 24 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor