Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Pain in legs, numb toes. Diagnosed with bulging disc in lower lumbar. Option other than surgery?

I have been diagnosed with a bulging disc in my lower lumbar, annular tear and many bone spurs. I have been experiencing much pain in my legs feet and numbness in the tips of my toes and a lot of pain when I sleep as well as constipation and in continence . Is there anything that can be recommended for the pain and anything that I could do to help myself clear up this problem other than surgery?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCm.
There are steroid and painkiller injections as possible but temporary teratment. it will not affect the underlying cause. Also some people benefit from ciropractic exercises but sooner or later you will need surgical procedure. Very rarely it become better from itself and on conservative therapy. Surgery is routine today and you shouldnt be afraid of it. Wish you good health.
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor