Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Pain in legs due to circulation problem. Taking vitamins and iron. What tests to request?

I have some type of blood problem, yet I do not have anemia , i ve been tested for it. When I sit down for a long period of time, be it driving or using a computer, my legs start to hurt, from lack of circulation. I am now taking Vitimin B12, Iron, Vitimin C pills. What type of tests should I request from a Doctor? I tested for Diabeties, I m good, all types of STD s, still good. I have not seemed to be able to pinpoint the problem, so far. I get sick very easily, when I am around people, and am suseptable to sickness. I do not work much, due to my condition. What kind of tests, should I seek to have that will find all the problems I am living with?
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
You have mentioned that when you sit as during driving or using computer for long duration, your legs start hurting.
This history is suggestive of some vascular disorder probably incompetency of veins and/or deep vein thrombosis.
Incompetency of veins vause the blood to pool in lower limb and this pooling can cause pain.
Om the other hand, deep vein thrombosis can also cause swelling and pain of lower limb.
You need to consult a surgeon and get Doppler study of the lower limb.
If any of these disorders is detected, further management can be planned.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja p Wahal
Answered: Sun, 18 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor