Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Pain in legs after running, constant pain, shin splits. Treatment?

Im having problems with my legs, they hurt bad when i run and after that, problem is the pain keep staying there even after like 3 weeks.... I used google and my symptoms show that i have shin splints . Should i visit my doctor? Should i keep running even when pain is stil there? Some people say keep going, eventualy u will over pass it, some say it can lead to serious chronic problem or something like that. Please help me, i want to run but I can t beacuse of my legs
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
If you started running recently you are having shin splints or stress fracture of tibia. you need to get MRI scan to differentiate between both conditons. as you are not having relief after 3 weeks of rest you should get MRI. for shin splints you need rest and analgesics. for stress fracture you need longer 4 to 8 weeks rest.
Answered: Tue, 13 May 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor