Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Pain in left testicle, hanging lower than right, swollen, back pain. How to get cured?

Hi. Ive been suffering for the past few weeks with pain in my left testicle. The testicle itself is hanging lower than the right and appears slightly enlarged. The veins around the testicle also appear swolen although i cant feel any lumps. Ive also had examinations twice and neither examination found anything untoward. Ive been booked in for an ultrasound next week. Ive also been suffering from lower back pain on the left side which radiates through to the abdomen on the same side. I also seem to get out of breath after just walking short distances. Bizzarely all the the pain subsides/disapears when either sitting or laying. Can you help me?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  205
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have either infection of the Left Testis or Varicocele.

This can be confirmed only on clinical examination,ultrasound scanning of the scrotum and colour Doppler study of the scrotum.

Left testis is always at lower level than Rt. so do not worry about it.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and further treatment.
Answered: Sun, 14 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Polash Sannigrahi's  Response
Jun 2015
Hello Simon,

Pain in the testicular region can be attributed to:
1. Trauma
2. Inflammation/infection.
3. Varicocele
4. Hydrocele.

In your post you have not mentioned about any history of trauma.
So, an infective or inflammatory cause can also be thought of, such as orchitis or epididymo-orchitis.

Under such condition, you need to take antibiotics along with analgesics under the guidance of a Urologist.
Investigation like Complete blood count, Urine analysis & Ultrasound scan of the scrotal region will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

Wishing a Good Health.
Thanks & take care.
Answered: Sun, 14 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The description is highly suggestive of Varicocele...ultrasound will diagnose.
The back pain may be from Lumbar spine or kidneys... / Ultrasound can see the kidneys too.
An Urologist will be the ideal specialist to see ...

You have not stated your age, personal habits, or co-morbidities - X-ray of the spine may be necessary...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor