Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Pain in left shoulder, small lumps, thyroid. Taking thyronorm, amitriptyline hydrochloride. Cure?

hi.. i am 56yrs old and i have severe pain in my left shoulder seems small lumps have formed inside...from which severe pain comes....after several tests the doctor has said that i have thyroid..... I am now consuming THyronorm 50 mcg , Eperisone Hudrochloride 50 mg , Amitriptyline hydrochloride (eliwel 10) , Rabeprazole IP ,& Hyoscine butylbromide.....Inspite of having all these medicines... there is no relief and i am having sleepless nights..... please help..
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  100
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,

Thanks for writing to us.

The symptoms you are referring to in all probabality points towards a condition called Frozen Shoulder. This usually follows unusually giving rest to your joint due to trauma/arthritis/ associated co- morbid conditions such as Diabetes etc . The result of a sterile inflammation in the joint called Adhesive Capsulitis develops gradually in the less used joint .Usually it affects more in women (Post Menopausal)than men.This causes Pain/ stiffness/ reduction in the range of motion due to scar tissue formation .

The above condition may be also associated with Chronic Co Morbid Conditions such as Hypothyroidism/NIDDM(Diabetes)/Old trauma such as Rotator Cuff Injury.

The above condition is gradual in onset/course and takes long time for remission.

The orthopedic Surgeon usually confirms it through X-ray/Arthrogram/Arthroscopy and treats the same with NSAIDs and Arthroscopic Surgery.

Gentle Excercises with extended motions in a Physiotherapy Centre usually relieves the symptoms.

My advice is for you to treat the shoulder condition separately from your Hypothyroidism/Depression/Hyperacidity(as described in your treatment history) and Consult an ortho surgeon who can treat the above by an Arthroscopic procedure.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.,

Best Regards,

Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.

Answered: Wed, 14 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor