Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Pain in left chest while drinking water.

i am apoorva ,female of 20 years age.For the past one week, there is pain in my left chest while drinking water (or gulping) quite noticeable in the morning. i don't know whether it is in heart or breast .please tell if i should go and see a doctor
Sat, 15 Jan 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Pain in left side of chest while drinking water is suggestive of a problem in the esophagus (food pipe) connecting the throat with the stomach. Further details can give a clue to the nature of the problem. One possibility is GERD (gastro-esophageal reflux disease).
  User's Response
i have the same pain please let me know what you found. this just started the 14 jan after taking a very big bite of birthday cake and folling it with water it felt as if it was stouck and had air with it when i swallowed pain in my chest right after and know if i drink anything after it gets about to my hart on the left side i feal a pain and burning. very weard????
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor