Pain in left arm, mostly wrist and hand, cramping pain in fingers, Possible cause?
I have a really weird pain in my left arm . It was so severe one night that I was afraid it was my heart . Went to the er and found out that my heart is fine. No real answer for my arm pain which is mostly in the wrist and hand area. When I bring my fingers together it is a cramping type pain and otherwise a dull ache in the elbow area down to the hand. Fingers don t really hurt. At times arm feels cold and then at other times it feels like a burning sensation. Just a constant ache!!!
1. Seems you are suffering from Left sided brachialgia or thoracic outlet syndrome.
2. Do you have neck pain too? Does the symptoms aggravate on one particular position of your neck or arm? If yes then it is advisable to go for a Xray of your Cervical spine.
3. Thoracic outlet syndrome needs a proper examination by an orthopaedician
4. Building shoulder and neck muscles can reduce such symptoms.
5. If not improving its better to undergo MRI of your Cervical spine and left shoulder to find out exact cause and proceed.
6. You might need orthopaedic, neurosurgeon +/- neurophysician consultation.
hi , all chest pain not cause by heart ,you go for ecg & ask a physician for routine checkup ..my opinion is that pain originate from diaphragmatic irritation ...so you can change or alter your diet by small doses & light food....thanks
You found this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer.
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]